Room 1626, Vistana Hotel
Everyone gets, "You're from Laos/Cambodia? WOW!!!"
I get, "You're from Singapore? Oh."
Even Belmont gets, "Oh, the National University of Singapore!" *impressed look*
I get, "You're not in university? You're in Singapore Polytechnic? Oh."
F I N E!!!
Anyway, the talk on journalism continued after breakfast. Probably because I've already learnt most of the stuff so many times in school, I just couldn't keep awake. So the moment our tea break arrived, I poured myself a big cup of coffee.
The tea just isn't working anymore.
I was much perkier after that, but maybe it was because I overheard some talk about squeezing in a little shopping into our itinerary...
After lunch we changed into more casual clothes and embarked on our trip to The Star headquarters. The Star is the largest circulating English language daily in KL.

We were given a talk about their youth supplement, as well as some tea. We left quite late, and it didn't help that one of the roads out of the area was blocked by a car. Despite getting the guys to move the car, the bus still couldn't get past it!

After all the delays, we reached KLCC (which is the shopping complex below the Petronas Towers) with barely two hours of shopping time available.
We had to go in groups and wait for everyone, which meant we spent half the time waiting outside Vincci, and another large chunk of time waiting outside Guardian.
So in the end all I did was to step outside, take pictures of the Petronas Towers above, then wander around the fountains (and take more pictures) at the other side.

We left the place late and had to rush through dinner in the hotel. Of course I had to take my time trying all the desserts, so I ended up with like five minutes to change and go to the hall again.
Thanks to all the desserts, I had indigestion and was making my way unhappily down the hallway when I met another participant, who said the talk had been delayed for another 45 minutes.
Instead of returning to our room, my roommate and I went to the hall to use the computers. Spent a satisfying amount of time checking my mail, then settled down for the talk.
The speaker this time round was a veteran journalist. We bombarded him with questions about journalism (I had a hard time getting hold of the microphone) and the talk went, unsurprisingly, into over-time. But we still had to wait in the hall for our assignment.
Yes, we have a short feature writing assignment! We have to write about our experiences during this programme. Which shouldn't be too hard. I'm just lazy.
And it's now 1.17 a.m. and the television doesn't have AXN (so no Supernatural) and I want to sleep.
We have to get up an hour earlier because of our village visit.
Oh well, at least there won't be any long talks.
I must not forget about my mosquito patch.







<< Home